Most property owners in Nicaragua don’t adjust their selling strategy to take into account how the property market works on the ground.
That’s a mistake.
Smart sellers who take the steps to understand the market and put that knowledge to use will always sell their property more quickly than sellers who simply list their property with a local agent and hope it sells.
Here’s how you do it.
Be a smarter seller.
If you look hard at the market – and how it really works on the ground – you’ll realize three things:
- The lack of a Multiple Listing Service (MLS) makes it hard for sellers to get exposure for their properties
- Local real estate agents in Nicaragua act more like buyers agents than ‘true’ listing agents
- It’s especially hard to sell a re-sale in a development if the developer has their own properties to sell
Too many sellers assume that local real estate agents will compete with each other for their listings (like they do in the US). They assume that their property will be put for sale on an open database that every buyer can access. They assume that developers will help market their property for sale, even if they have their own property to sell. Sellers also assume that they don’t have the marketing reach of local real estate agents on the ground.
All these assumptions are wrong. But there is a positive side to all of this: Sellers have many more tools available to them in today’s market than those who have gone before.
So as a seller in this market, once you understand the realities on the ground and put these tools to your use, you will see results.
There are just 7 steps:
7 Steps to Sold
- Educate yourself on how the real estate market works in Nicaragua
- Understand the ‘journey’ your buyer is taking
- Write a property listing that converts
- Get your property in front of targeted buyers
- Work with buyers and offers
- Be prepared for the closing
- Take control of the process
If you’ve signed up to receive our Free Report on “How to Sell Your Nicaragua Property Quickly” you’ll be receiving the 7 steps by email as part of the e-course that follows the report. So keep a look out for the emails in your inbox.
Not signed up? Head over here to get started.
P.S If you have questions about selling your property, we’d be happy to help. Just click here to contact us.