Inexpensive property… a low cost of living… great weather… gorgeous landscapes… a more laid back lifestyle… an opportunity for reinvention… it’s easy to see why so many people are interested in buying property in San Juan del Sur.
But many investors don’t take the time to understand the legal steps they need to take to ensure their interests are protected.
Eduardo Cabrales Cuadra, attorney with Garcia & Bodan, has focused on real estate for his entire professional life so he’s the perfect person to guide you through the process of buying property in Nicaragua to ensure the purchase goes smoothly and your investment is secure.
In this 20 minute interview you’ll learn:
- The type of title you should be looking for when purchasing property in Nicaragua
- What “Third party good faith acquirement” means in practice
- The 3 critical due diligence steps your attorney should be taking
- Exactly when in the purchase process you become the legal owner of the property
- How the closing process in Nicaragua differs to that in the US in an important way
…and more. By the end of the session you’ll have a solid understanding of how the purchasing process works in Nicaragua and how best to protect your real estate investment.
Interview Transcript (PDF)
If you need help with any legal aspect of buying property in San Juan del Sur, you can contact Eduardo at Garcia & Bodan.
P.S. Are you subscribed to the Insider Tips Series for Nicaragua real estate investors?
If not, click here to sign up and you’ll receive valuable information about buying strategies, the best locations and neighborhoods in Nicaragua, plus tips on negotiation, real estate legal issues and the property buying process.