Do you have questions?
Address: Refugio de Vida Silvestre, Beachfront
Region: Emerald Coast, Nicaragua
Ideal for a Private Estate, Surf Camp, Eco-Resort, Horse Ranch or any other sustainable use.
Peaceful… Secluded… Serene.
Connect with nature in one of the world’s most privileged locations, where endangered sea turtles come to nest, troops of howler monkeys wander through the canopy, and stately trees have grown undisturbed for hundreds of years.
The Owners have spent the last fifteen years amassing a large collection of properties in and around the Chacocente Wildlife Refuge, while working closely with MARENA (the Ministry of the Environment and Natural Resources) to create a plan that allows minimal-impact tourism development in the region. In preparation for initial development of the group’s Master Plan, they are offering this exclusive property to discerning investors.
Ideally positioned to take advantage of the opportunities provided by the Chacocente Refuge and Emerald Coast amenities, this one-of-a-kind property can be reached either from Casares to the North, Santa Teresa to the East or The Emerald Coast to the South. The newly announced Coastal Highway ill come right up to the Refuge and then go around it making access even easier and faster.
The property, known locally as Peñoncito, is a promontory projecting into the Pacific Ocean between two spectacular sandy beaches: Chacocente and Veracruz, both of which have multiple excellent surf breaks. Peñoncito’s elevation provides amazing views in three directions and peace of mind security. Boasting well over half a kilometer of coastline, the property is designated as Ecotourism and Sustainable Development zone by the MARENA Management Plan of the Chacocente Refuge. The location is perfectly suited for upscale eco-tourism and/or low-density residential development, with up to 10% coverage of the property permitted. Building guidelines permit two-story construction (13 m) height limit, access roads that may be improved but must remain unpaved, and a maximum of one house per hectare for residential development.
The property’s location within the Wildlife Refuge will ensure undisturbed future enjoyment of surrounding natural habitat.
- Approximately 120 acres of land
- Approximately 600 meters of coastline
- Rocky promontory with sandy beach
- Fully titled, with all ownership documentation
- Rough road into the property
- Off-grid electricity options available
- On-site artisan wells
- Situated at the northern end of one of the most significant sea turtle nesting beaches on the planet
- Approximately 10 m above sea level, perched between Chacocente and Veracruz beaches
- Attractively priced at just over $20,000 per acre
- Unparalleled ocean views and encounters with nature
Take advantage of this truly unique opportunity before someone else does. There are no other properties available for sale within a Wildlife Refuge with a tourism zone designation that we know of anywhere!!! Not to mention access to beautiful beaches that will always remain pristine, surf breaks that will never be crowded, views that will never change and a world famous sea turtle nesting beach that will keep your enterprise occupied and profitable.
We bought this property because of its immense beauty and its privileged location. When you are on site, your heart will expand and a quiet peace will come over you. Peñoncito is a great place to decompress from the tensions and stresses of the business world, politics, news of the latest terrorist attack or other event of the day. Instead you can breathe in the fresh oxygenated Refuge air, marvel at nature’s beauty and relax with no more pressing decisions than which beach to walk, which break to surf and which direction to point your head in your luxurious two person hammock.
- Large ocean frontage and beautiful beaches
- Excellent beach breaks for surfing
- Elevated plateau with great views
- Secluded, private and safe
- Unique. It is a tourism zone in a wildlife Refuge. Relax and enjoy yourself knowing that you are also helping protect the environment and offsetting your carbon footprint
- Adjacent to one of the ten most important turtle nesting beaches in the world
- Close to the MARENA Research Station and 15 minutes from the town of El Astillero
- Water wells on site
- Jungle view
- No HOA fees
- Ocean view (blue)
- Ocean view (white)
- Seller financing