- Bedrooms 2+
- Bathrooms 2
- Interior Area 702 sq ft
Single Family Home
Other Commercial Property
River, Mountain, Garden, Jungle
- 4km to San Juan Del Sur
- Unique and desirable set up
- 1 acre
- 2 bed house
- 2 yoga platforms
- 10 camping casitas for tents in beautiful jungle settings
- Several gorgeous outside sitting areas
- Several hidden jungle meditation spots with incredible views
- Drought resistant well
- Lots of (always green!) and TREES, fruit trees
- Ever green landscaping/garden design
- Private, safe, quiet yet only 4km outside of SJDS.
- Seasonal river access!
- Near to many beaches and shopping.
This beautiful property just outside of San Juan Del Sur in the nearby mountains, is all set up and ready to go for your business venture. Ready from your day of arrival. It is currently run as a back to nature eco yoga retreat, producing sustainable income for a family of 3. The owner is happy to discuss how the set up worked.
It’s extremely competitive pricing, it’s central yet peaceful location close to many of the southern beaches, and its turnkey status, makes this property much sought after.
It would make an excellent starter business, as it is small and compact, therefore easy to manage, yet it has everything a retreat center, camping business or Jungle Air B&B place needs. The beautiful nature setting with monkeys, exotic birds and plants, gives you a great selling point, making people often stay longer than anticipated.
This is an excellent, ready to go business opportunity with peaceful, private and very safe grounds in a welcoming neighborhood with your own house. If you and your clients really just want to get away from it all and want to experience a real ‘green retreat’ feel, but only be 4km away from the city center and the beach, then this property is for you.
Price negotionable for quick sale.
The house ground level
- 1 bedroom with cupboard and bed
- Living room with storage, sitting area and corner cabinet
- Bathroom with toilet and shower, and beautiful sink stand
- Large kitchen :
- Large storage unit/pantry that spans the entire side of the kitchen.
- Extra huge sleeping platform above the storage unit in the kitchen, can easily sleep 3.
- One extra sitting/sleeping platform in the kitchen.
- Shelving, fridge
- All rooms have lots of storage under the seating/sleeping areas, some big enough for surfboards.
- One bedroom/office accessible by steps
- Small balcony
- Sunbathing/stargazing roof platform
- 10 small ‘casitas’, ie. A-frame roofs for tents or hammocks, nice red colored roofs. Natural wood look.
- Two large yoga platforms, one with roof for the rainy season, one without for sun bathing or star watching. Both with beautiful views.
- Gorgeous rock fireplace.
- Beautiful “ever green” landscaping. The gardens were designed to be as green as possible, even in dry season.
- Many adorable jungle paths leading to tents, meditation platforms (some of which can also be used as tent spots) and the river. All platforms are truly unique, oozing charm and intricate design, working harmoniously with nature.
- Hammock tree hang-out area with 4 hammocks.
- The entire front garden planted with beautiful ever greens, palms and other ornamentals and designed with a rock path design (see picture) and many beautiful pot plants
- The back garden is designed with succulents and cactae.
- Many fruit trees old and young, papayas, bananas coconuts, nispero, cashew, lemons, mandarin, sour orange, avocado, bread fruit, ocote (Nicaraguan plum), giant mango trees
- Budding veggie garden, tomatoes, chillis, jucca, lemon grass, oregano, basil, thyme, quequisque
- Borgonvillia and Hibiscus flower bushes back and along the whole entrance way
- Many new ever green trees planted in the drive way, 4 neem (medicinal), palms along the fence, more mangos and one with beautiful red, yellow flowers, drive way also designed with succulents
- Outside Wood Pizza Oven!
Internet, Garden or Courtyard, Terrace
- WIFI internet access, excellent, reliable all set up to go
- Peaceful, safe, quiet
- Rooftop star gazing/sunbathing platform
- Rooftop room extension/bedroom has a beautiful treetop view away from it all, hammock hooks, and an adorable little balcony. Perfect also as office space!
- Future possibility to build wooden deck onto roof
- Own drought resistant well with new pump. This is drinking water and has water all year round, even in super dry season! The well has just been redug and the walls rebricked. This well is priceless in this area!
- River access in summer rainy season!
- Beautiful additional outside shower build from river rock
- Nice extra outside compost toilet
- Well house for tool storage, tents, tires, buckts, etc
- Lots and lots of storage space in the house
- Extra outside clothes and dish washing station (lavandero)
- Several garden taps for easy water access
- Large composting area and concrete container ready to go for a composting worm farm if desired
- House can sleep 10 people if suddenly your entire family visits and the tents are full. Downstairs bedroom 2, upstairs bedroom 2, large kitchen platform 3, small kitchen sofa platform 1, Living room sofa platform 2. It’ll be busy, but it’s possible and good to know.
- Incredible nearby walks in the dry river bed or up the dirt road for unobstructed sunset view over SJDS bay
- The whole house has just been painted, inside and out. Murals on the outside walls have been left, but can be painted before the sale if you prefer
- All windows and doors are barred for safety, should you go on holiday
- Hardly any mosquitoes
- Cooler than in town due to altitude, with constant slight cooling breeze
- Neighbour property has a caretaker who is very knowledgeable of everything local
- Amazing nanny/cook to be passed on
- Electricity for 12 people for basic lights and equipment charging, around 1200c$50 a month
- Entrance dirt road is being maintained
The house design feels wonderfully open and spacious, due to the design, big windows and with the parts of the dividing wall between the living room and the kitchen having been opened up for light and airflow.
The house has clever storage facilities and sleeping/sitting platforms, making it easy to stow away all your things and keep the house tidy. The rooms are airy and light and the tiled floors give you a nice cool feeling all day long. There is always a slight breeze and it’s always a few degrees cooler than in town, making the climate perfect all year round, with hardly any mosquitos, which is a real blessing. Air-condition is not required.
The house is completely private, quiet and safe, a true nature retreat with monkeys, birds and much more, making it a desirable city get away. You don’t hear or see neighbors, cars or anything else but jungle.
You and your guests can sit in one of the many gorgeous sitting areas, on either one of your porches or meander down to many cute little jungle platforms accessible from winding paths, or swing in one of the many hammocks. Everywhere you will enjoy either beautiful valley, hills or jungle views.
If you feel more energetic you can go for a hike in the gorgeous riverbed or up the road for sunset over SJDS bay.
At night you can sit at a crackling log fire with wood collected from your own land! Or if that is too much work you can climb up onto your own private roof platform and look at the stars… or use it during the day to sunbathe.
The jungle Yoga platforms are truly unique in their green setting and design. Both very different, they can both be used for Yoga, dancing, workshops, relaxation and whatever else might require large, clean and open spaces.
Up to 12 tents can comfortably be put up in the hidden jungle platforms and casitas, ensuring a steady income. There are also trees to put up more hammocks for sleeping or relaxation.
There are many small unexpected bits of love hidden in the property… engraved steps, painted walls and rocks, dreamcatchers…
On the days when everybody is gone, you get to enjoy all these lovely spots on the property all by yourself!
The property has a solid good title (two gringo owners), with all taxes paid and up to date.
If you have already looked around, you will quickly see that this is a one of a kind opportunity to own a ready to go, truly unique home and business, which feels magic, welcoming and comfortable all at the same time.
Please only contact me if you’re seriously interested. No unarranged visits please.