In this interview Claudia Gonella and David McKeegan talk about IRS tax filing requirements facing US expats living in Nicaragua. David McKeegan is co-founder of Greenback Expat Tax Services, a business that focuses on helping US expats with their tax preparation.
In this 23 minute session, Claudia and David cover:
- Exactly what forms you need to file.
- All the credits and deductions eligible for expats.
- What expats need to know about owning foreign bank accounts.
- How to avoid getting tripped up on IRS penalties and fines.
- 3 ways you can easily catch up on your tax filing if you are behind.
- And a surprising find on how Obamacare impacts expats.
You’ll come out of the session with a better understanding of what to do about US taxes as an expat and how you can make the filing process less stressful and time-consuming. [Read more…] about How To Take Charge Of Your US Expat Taxes