Do you have questions?
Finca del sol is located the foothills of Volcano Madaras, near beach, hiking and restaurants. Bungalows in the tropically forested UNESCO Biosphere Reserve with spectacular views and a private lodging experience. 60,000 visitors are attracted to the island from all over the world each year and that number is growing. The owners have created a beautiful oasis of peace, tranquility and a thriving business that as allowed them a comfortable and enjoyable life style for many years. Due to family circumstances they need to relocate to Canada and this is the reason they are selling the business and their beloved property. The property was newly refurbished and renovated in 2017.
- ROI 25.6%
- Profit margin 72%
- Annual Net income $42,700 yearly * based on the last 3 years
- Profit potential increases earning by 20 -25% by renting out the current owners residence
- Finca del Sol opened it’s doors in 2009 and is a top-rated B & B on Trip-advisor. (and have been for the last 8 years) In fact we are # 1 B & B in Santa Cruz!
- Finca del Sol B & B has an average 72% occupancy rate over the last 3 years.
- Some of the advantages of buying Finca del Sol are:
- All the ground work, paper, permits etc. have already been done
- The success of this business automatically proves the viability of this business venture
- You would build on an existing business with great potential for growth
- The owners will give you a list of precious local contacts, “who to go to” list
- The option of keeping a well trained, dedicated staff will allow you a smooth transition
- All the glitches and possible roadblocks have already been worked out and resolved
- Purchasing this business will allow you to start enjoying profits immediately as we constantly have guests staying with us. We would be happy to set up the online reservation system to deposit reservations into your paypal account and would assist you by making the necessary changes to the website / pricing structure upon completion of sale.
- Online reservation booking system
- Website – mobile friendly (www.hotelfincadelsol.com)
- Online marketing in place
- As a bonus you would have the option of keeping the five part time staff (including house-keeping, kitchen staff, maintenance and gardener)on board. They are a great team and know their job well. (The owners will take care of all the severance package remuneration required by Nicaraguan law).
- Clientèle of finca del Sol includes the fast growing niche market of conscious travelers, hikers and young families who care for the environment. Santa Cruz is a top spot for travelers visiting Ometepe Island, and Ometepe island is one of the tourist destinations being promoted by the Nicaraguan tourism department.
- Owning this business would allow you to earn a healthy profit while enjoying the lifestyle of the island: swimming, kite boarding, horse back riding, hiking and so much more. The owners earn approximately US$ 42,700 net per year and vacation for two months.
- As an added bonus to this sale all contents/ tools/ machinery currently used to run the property is included in the sale price. Detailed list available on request
CONTENTS INCLUDED WITH SALE
- 2002 Toyota truck
- Boat/motor & trailer
- Office equipment
- Kitchen Equipment
- Tools, including:
- E Mack Gas weed whacker
- Oleo Mack Chainsaw
- Welding machine + welding gear
- Electric and hand tools
* Full list of contents available on request
Eight Structures that have been newly painted inside and out in 2017.
Total dimension: 318.75m² or 3431ft²
- Shed : Dimensions: 6 m² or 64ft² with attached carport measuring 22.30 m² or 240ft²
- Owners residence consists of a beautiful two story building. The upstairs houses a large bedroom with magnificent hardwood flooring, stunning views of Conception volcano and large screened windows that allow for a lovely breeze and roll down blinds. The downstairs part of the building presently contains a small office, double bed (for guests), and utility area ( deep freezer, washer and dryer and pantry). Windows are screened. Newly roofed 2017. Wired for solar and electrical power. Dimensions: Inside: 83.12 m² or 895ft²
- Adjacent to the main house you will find a separate building consisting of a full three piece bathroom with tiled walk in shower and sink. Wired for solar and electrical power. Dimensions: 5.85m² or 63ft²
- Next building is a full kitchen with a propane stove, ceramic counter top, fridge, double sink, dining room table and small pantry. The upstairs loft, with a magnificent hardwood floor can be used as a spare sleeping space (sleeps two) or as extra storage space. New alciteca roofing – 2017. Wired for solar and electrical power. Dimensions: Inside: 30 m² or 323ft²
- Outdoor dining area (large table and chairs that can accommodate up to ten people) is set under a covered roof area with stunning views of the tropical forests. An outdoor covered wood pizza oven allows you to bake, roast locally grown organic coffee while enjoying Al fresco eating with magnificent views: Dimensions: 24m² or 258ft² ²
- All three guests cabins are self contained. They are all fully screened and include all furniture (beds, chairs, night stands, table, lamps, beds, linens, 3 piece bathrooms, hot water.) They are wired for solar and electrical power and all have an outside covered porch where guests can relax, enjoy magnificent views, lay in their hammocks and enjoy the surrounding nature.
- See specific cabin size here below:
- Bamboo Lodge: Porch newly roofed 2017. Dimensions: 37.365 m² or 402ft² + covered porch 37.5 m² or 403ft²
- Nature La Luna Cabin: Newly roofed 2017. Dimensions: 27.38 m² or 295ft² + covered porch 11.85 m² or 127ft²
- Nature El Sol Cabin: Newly roofed 2017. Dimensions: 27.38 m² or 295ft² +covered porch 6 m² or 65ft²
- Land mass; 7.5 manzanas Equivalent to 12.50 Acres
- 100 meters or 328 ft paved main road frontage in a trendy tourist area
- Duel Water System: Community spring water connection + 190 foot well that taps into an underground volcanic spring.
- Duel Power System : Solar + Grid (110 + 220 volts)
- Old growth forest with monkeys, iguanas, amazing birds, flora & fauna.
- Many flowers, shrubs and ornamental plants
- Organic vegetable garden
- Fruit trees; mango, lime, lemon, grapefruit, banana, papaya + pineapple
- Animals: 3 x goats (milk), 7 x tropical sheep (meat)
- UNESCO declared island biosphere.
- 10 minute walk from the sandy white sand beach
- 1 minute walking access to hiking trail on Madaras Volcano
- 1 minute walk to restaurants and cafes
THE AREA OF SANTA CRUZ
This is a growing tourist hub for the island and offers many restaurants, motorbike rentals and is close proximity from the beach and kite-boarding school.Maderas Volcano begins from our back yard and that is one of our primary drawing cards it is also perfect place from which to explore the Maderas side of the island – where you can find kayak trips up the river Istain, ride a horse or explore forests/jungle, fauna and flora. Santa Cruz is at the end of the Santo Domingo beach, the most beautiful beach on Ometepe, and has a quiet, small town feel yet offers great restaurants and shops nearby. It is one of the most sought after tourist destinations in Ometepe island.
According to Grupo Mariana Nicaragua is one of the hottest destinations and the idea of visiting a raw and untouched destination is part of Nicaragua’s current charm. Real estate prices in the Santa Cruz area have grown exponentially over the last 15 years, and Nicaragua has low taxes, real estate, land prices and the cost to develop is relatively low making it an excellent investment.
Infrastructure in Santa Cruz and area:
- Veterinarian clinic
- Grocery, shops
- Bank ATM (1 kilometer away)
- On the paved road with access to public transport
- Access to Volcano Madaras hiking trails
- 5 mins to Balgue / 15 minutes to Altagracia / 40 minutes to Moyagalpa
A LITTLE MORE ON OMETEPE:
Ometepe is an island in Lake Cocibolca comprised of two volcanoes; Volcano Conception and Volcano Madaras. It is a popular tourist destination for many people around the world and rich in biodiversity and culture with approximately 60,000 tourists visiting the island each year.
From the port,in San Jorge, it is a 30 minute drive to the Costa Rican border or Pacific Coast beaches, 1 hour to Granada and a 1 ½ hours drive to Managua. Ometepe has modern conveniences that make living here easy compared to other rural locations in Nicaragua
Ometepe infrastructure includes;
- Modern amenities: banks, hospitals, clinics, vet clinics, post office, schools, small grocery store and one supermarket
- Regional airport (20 minute flight from Managua and San Carlos) with flights from Costa Rica coming soon
- Multiple ferries daily
- Many ex-pats from all over the world now live on Ometepe making it a very interesting place to meet and make friends
- UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve on Volcano Madaras
The price includes the current business taxes, fees and licensing paid until December.
WHY BUY FINCA DEL SOL?
By choosing to buy this business / property you can enjoy steady flow of income from our cabin rental business. Potential for expansion is possible, as you will have 12.50 acres of land with 100 meters of main road frontage just outside of Santa Cruz (a touristic hot spot!) Incorporating more cabins, a restaurants or a pool will bring in more revenue.
It can be a investment property while you live elsewhere or set up so you can enjoy the benefits of living in a beautiful, natural environment. Obtaining licenses an business permits for foreign investors is a fairly simple procedure with excellent profits to be made in the growing tourism market of Ometepe. Owning a hard asset, like real estate, is an incredibly sound and stable way to preserve your wealth. Especially real estate that operates within the growing tourism industry of Nicaragua, this real estate is a very solid investment and is very likely to increase its value overtime.
Finca del Sol is situated in a great location, perhaps that is one of the reason it’s sought after by so many travelers – it’s proximity to beautiful, sandy Santo Domingo beach where kite-boarding, fishing and swimming are popular activities, close to restaurants, small shops, bike rentals and hiking trails. Buying here may allow you to escape the rat race of the modern world! Ometepe lifestyle will gift you with a nice balance between work and leisure that is sometimes so difficult to achieve in faster paced environments.
- Work / leisure life balance
- Investment possibility and room for expansion
- An early retirement while supplementing earnings
THE INVESTMENT POSSIBILITIES
- High potential to expand – make a restaurant, cabins , pool, camping or dormitory to increase earning potential. We are in the hottest tourist destination in Ometepe island, on the paved main road with 100 meters of road frontage.
- Keep it as is live on site and earn aprox $42,000 per annum
- Rent out the current owners residence and increase your yield by 20-25% yearly
- Divide the land into 2 or 3 parcels
- One with the cabins ( prime real estate)
- Lot on the front
- Lot with road access to the back cabin, kitchen and oven area on the back lot
- Add WIFI in the cabins. Fiber optics just recently became available for a relatively low cost. So adding this feature would make you stand out from the crowd even more.
- Community bar / restaurant
- Farm view
- Garden or courtyard
- Garden view
- Jungle view
- Mountain view
- Ocean view (blue)
- Shared common area