You want to design your dream home in Nicaragua, and take advantage of the lower construction costs. But you live in the US and can’t just hop on a flight every time you want to see how the building is progressing.
You want to feel confident in the builder, confident in the construction supervisor and confident of the construction methods. Fortunately there are ways to navigate the home building process and we’ve asked Will Pattison from GroupoMax, for his best advice to ensure a smooth experience.
GroupoMax has built over 50 projects in the area from custom homes (like these lovely ocean view casitas) to multi-level commercial buildings and hotels, so he’s the perfect person to get your questions answered.
Will ends the interview with some great insights on starting a business here. So make sure you watch until the end.
In the video you’ll discover:
- What you can expect to pay per square foot to build a custom house in San Juan del Sur to US standard construction and finishes.
- How to save money building a home in Nicaragua.
- Why it’s so important to have your architect or designer visit your lot before they complete the house plans.
- How to go about getting the permits you need.
- What to do if you can’t be in the country to monitor the construction process.
- Key similarities and differences between building a home in Nicaragua compared to the US.
- How to avoid making mistakes and ensure you have a smooth experience.